Skip to main content

Happy Valentine's Day

Hello and welcome to the first Valentine's card I have created for this year. I had to switch card making mode after making so many Christmas cards. This one was hard for me to finish off after having all of the elements cut and had some help coming up with the finishing touches like the sentiment placement and heart sequins. All of the papers used are Stampin' Up as well as the heart sequins. I really like how this one turned out and hope you will as well. Take a look at the project below and let me know what you think.

.

Supplies:
.

Additional supplies: https://www.amazon.com/Inkadinkado-95284-Happy-Everything-stamp/dp/B0021FC9W4">,
https://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/beautiful-borders-die-set-small-die-of-the-month-club/">,
https://www.amazon.com/Brother-CM350-ScanNCut-Cutting-Machine/dp/B014T1CI1E/ref=sr_1_4?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1515099965&sr=1-4&keywords=brother+scan+and+cut+2">, 
"https://www.amazon.com/EK-Tools-54-04002-Powder-Tool/dp/B00DN66D36/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1515100108&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=ek+success+powder+tool">,
https://www.amazon.com/Nicole-Multi-purpose-Perfect-Embossing-Drying/dp/B006Z9LUDG/ref=sr_1_1?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1515100188&sr=1-1&keywords=heat+tool">, https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-085-RAF-4-Inch-36-Yard-Advanced/dp/B00409RMNK/ref=sr_1_3?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1515100446&sr=1-3&keywords=ATG">,


1. Create a card base from Thick Whisper White card stock to measure 5 ½” x 8 ½” and score at 4 ¼” to make a top-fold card.

2. Cut a slightly smaller piece of Basic Black card stock and a slightly smaller piece of Real Red card stock and adhere to the card base.

3. I die cut the border using a die from the Spellbinder’s August Die of the Month club and cut a heart from DSP on the Brother’s Scan ‘n Cut.

4. I stuck the heart down on an angle using adhesive sheets and then adhered the border at the bottom of the Real Red card stock over the heart.

5. On a scrap of Real Red card stock, I stamped the sentiment in Versa Mark ink and then sprinkled with Silver embossing powder and heat set. Cut the sentiment strip down to size and pop up with foam tape and adhere across the center of the heart.

6. Sprinkle 3 white sequin hearts randomly on the card front.

Finish off the inside of the card with a personal message.

I hope you have enjoyed today's project and will check back often for more inspiration. Thank you for visiting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang Your Stocking Christmas card 7-28-19

Hello crafters and welcome to some Christmas inspiration on the blog today. I am in the process of using up my stash and making as many cards as possible before the hustle bustle of the season begins. The card for today features the Hang Your Stocking stamp set and Festive Farmhouse DSP (designer series paper). I stamped the stocking and the sentiment using Cherry Cobbler ink and then stamped the snowflakes with VersaMark ink and heat set with some silver embossing powder. I love how this card came out and more inspiration is on the way. Take a look at the project below and please let me know what you think. Supplies used: . I also popped up the focal image using Scotch 3M Foam tape. I hope you have enjoyed today's project and will check back often for more inspiration. Thank you for visiting.

Graceful Garden friendship card

Here's my second card for the weekend. I just can't stop with the butterflies and I wanted to feature the ink colors in a clean and simple card. Sequins just had to be added for a little sparkle. The colors I used will be retiring soon so if you like them go and grab then while you can. I hope you'll take a look at the project below and let me know what you think. Supplies:

Beauty Abounds Birthday card

Have you ever backed a diecut with different dsp (patterned paper)? Well the project I'm sharing today shows just that. I love this stamp and die bundle and the various colors of the pretty papers just called to me. Take a look at the project below and let me know what you think. . Additional supplies: ATG tape glider, Scotch 3M foam tape. Instructions: Started with a White card base and then I cut a panel of Whisper White card stock and inked it up with some Ranger /Tim Holtz Milled Lavender Distress ink. Next run the panel through the Big Shot using the Swirls & Curls embossing folder. I die cut the butterflies using the Butterfly Beauty thinlits and Heather Highland card stock backed with adhesive sheet( to make an instant sticker). I then backed the individual butterflies with a different piece of dsp from the Gingham Gala pack and a piece of the Botanical Butterfly dsp. The butterflies were popped up with Scotch 3M foam tape. The sentiment from Itty Bi...