Skip to main content

Season Greetings (Teacher cards) #2

Time for another Teacher card and we've done a lot of the same techniques as yesterday's card. There's a cute bear, some heat embossing and stamping and then to finish it all off, some sequins. Take a look at the next card in this series and let me know what you think.

.

.

Additional suppllies used: ATG tape runner, powder bag and heat tool.

1. Create a card base from Garden Green card stock that is 5 ½” x 8 ½” and score at 4 ¼” to make a top folded card.

2. Cut a slightly smaller piece of Whisper White card stock as a mat and adhere to the card base using ATG tape runner and then cut a piece of DSP to 3 ¾”x 5” and cut in half. Next, adhere the DSP to bottom of the Whisper White panel and then adhere a ½” strip of Garden Green card stock above the DSP.

3. Stamp the sentiment in upper right corner using Cherry Cobbler ink.

.

4. I had no Silver foil paper so I created my own by swiping Versa Mark ink pad across some Whisper White card stock. I then sprinkled the card stock with Silver embossing powder and heat set. I used the heat embossed paper to die cut a scalloped oval shape and then adhered it to the front of the card using ATG tape runner. You can skip this step if you have silver card stock.

5. On a piece of Whisper White scrap, stamp the bear in Tip Top Taupe ink and then stamp the face and ears in Soft Suede ink. Pop the bear up on Dimensionals and place in the center of the scalloped oval.

6. Sprinkle metallic sequins on the card front.

7. For the inside of the card I simply placed a 4” x 5 ¼” panel of Whisper White card stock and stamped a sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink.

.

I hope you have enjoyed today's project and will check back often for more inspiration. Thank you for visiting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang Your Stocking Christmas card 7-28-19

Hello crafters and welcome to some Christmas inspiration on the blog today. I am in the process of using up my stash and making as many cards as possible before the hustle bustle of the season begins. The card for today features the Hang Your Stocking stamp set and Festive Farmhouse DSP (designer series paper). I stamped the stocking and the sentiment using Cherry Cobbler ink and then stamped the snowflakes with VersaMark ink and heat set with some silver embossing powder. I love how this card came out and more inspiration is on the way. Take a look at the project below and please let me know what you think. Supplies used: . I also popped up the focal image using Scotch 3M Foam tape. I hope you have enjoyed today's project and will check back often for more inspiration. Thank you for visiting.

Graceful Garden friendship card

Here's my second card for the weekend. I just can't stop with the butterflies and I wanted to feature the ink colors in a clean and simple card. Sequins just had to be added for a little sparkle. The colors I used will be retiring soon so if you like them go and grab then while you can. I hope you'll take a look at the project below and let me know what you think. Supplies:

Beauty Abounds Birthday card

Have you ever backed a diecut with different dsp (patterned paper)? Well the project I'm sharing today shows just that. I love this stamp and die bundle and the various colors of the pretty papers just called to me. Take a look at the project below and let me know what you think. . Additional supplies: ATG tape glider, Scotch 3M foam tape. Instructions: Started with a White card base and then I cut a panel of Whisper White card stock and inked it up with some Ranger /Tim Holtz Milled Lavender Distress ink. Next run the panel through the Big Shot using the Swirls & Curls embossing folder. I die cut the butterflies using the Butterfly Beauty thinlits and Heather Highland card stock backed with adhesive sheet( to make an instant sticker). I then backed the individual butterflies with a different piece of dsp from the Gingham Gala pack and a piece of the Botanical Butterfly dsp. The butterflies were popped up with Scotch 3M foam tape. The sentiment from Itty Bi...