Skip to main content

Sweet Honeybee Spinner card

I have a card for you today that is a little out of my norm. I have never created a spinner card but for one of the September Challenges we were tasked with picking our inspiration from the Stampin' Success 3rd quarter magazine and create a card based on it or copy it directly. The project I chose uses the same stamp set but I used different papers and elements to create my card. Such fun for making my first Slider card. Take a look at the project below and let me know what you think.

.

.

Additional supplies: 2 pennies, clear blocks.

1. Cut a card base out of Old Olive card stock that measures 5 ½” x 8 ½” and score at 4 ¼”.

2. Cut a slightly smaller piece of the Serene Scenery DSP and decide where you want to create the spinner portion of your card. Die cut the slider element and place the pennies in the track in order to adhere foam adhesive to pop the DSP up. Don’t put adhesive too close to the pennies or the mechanism won’t work.

3. On scraps of Whisper White card stock, stamp images using Memento Tuxedo black ink and then color the images using Stampin’ Write markers. Adhere the hive in the upper left corner unsing Tear & Tape and with a mini glue dot adhere the bee image to cover the penny.

4. Stamp sentiment inMemento Tuxedo black ink, cut to size and then back the sentiment with a scrap of Old Olive card stock. Adhere the sentiment to the bottom left corner with mini glue dots.

I hope you have enjoyed today's project and will check back often for more inspiration. Thank you for visiting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang Your Stocking Christmas card 7-28-19

Hello crafters and welcome to some Christmas inspiration on the blog today. I am in the process of using up my stash and making as many cards as possible before the hustle bustle of the season begins. The card for today features the Hang Your Stocking stamp set and Festive Farmhouse DSP (designer series paper). I stamped the stocking and the sentiment using Cherry Cobbler ink and then stamped the snowflakes with VersaMark ink and heat set with some silver embossing powder. I love how this card came out and more inspiration is on the way. Take a look at the project below and please let me know what you think. Supplies used: . I also popped up the focal image using Scotch 3M Foam tape. I hope you have enjoyed today's project and will check back often for more inspiration. Thank you for visiting.

Graceful Garden friendship card

Here's my second card for the weekend. I just can't stop with the butterflies and I wanted to feature the ink colors in a clean and simple card. Sequins just had to be added for a little sparkle. The colors I used will be retiring soon so if you like them go and grab then while you can. I hope you'll take a look at the project below and let me know what you think. Supplies:

Beauty Abounds Birthday card

Have you ever backed a diecut with different dsp (patterned paper)? Well the project I'm sharing today shows just that. I love this stamp and die bundle and the various colors of the pretty papers just called to me. Take a look at the project below and let me know what you think. . Additional supplies: ATG tape glider, Scotch 3M foam tape. Instructions: Started with a White card base and then I cut a panel of Whisper White card stock and inked it up with some Ranger /Tim Holtz Milled Lavender Distress ink. Next run the panel through the Big Shot using the Swirls & Curls embossing folder. I die cut the butterflies using the Butterfly Beauty thinlits and Heather Highland card stock backed with adhesive sheet( to make an instant sticker). I then backed the individual butterflies with a different piece of dsp from the Gingham Gala pack and a piece of the Botanical Butterfly dsp. The butterflies were popped up with Scotch 3M foam tape. The sentiment from Itty Bi...