Skip to main content

Easter Message card

Hello and welcome to the post for today where I am starting my Easter card series and hoping you find some inspiration in the projects that I share with you. This is a clean and simple card with a little water-coloring, stamping and die-cutting. My new obsession is water-color and it seems so much easier than blending with markers or pencils. Take a look at the card below and let me know what you think.

.

Supplies:
.

Additional supplies:Nostalgic Feelings 6x6 paper pad (AC Moore), water, water brush, craft knife,

https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Advanced-Glider-4-Inch-36-Yard/dp/B00409NNYM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1518795919&sr=8-3&keywords=advanced+tape+glider,

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotch-2-Inch-36-Yard-Double-Sided/dp/B000PSB7BI/ref=sr_1_2?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1518796118&sr=8-2&keywords=scotch+3m+foam+tape+for+card+making">

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Simply-Art-Watercolor-Paint-Cakes-Assorted-Colors-36-pkg/24496889

https://www.amazon.com/Strathmore-361-9-Watercolor-Press-Sheets/dp/B0027AAIS0/ref=sr_1_5?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1518796633&sr=1-5&keywords=strathmore+cold+press+water+color+paper

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-CM350-ScanNCut-Cutting-Machine/dp/B014T1CI1E/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1518797605&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=brother+scan+and+cut+2&psc=1

1. Create a card base from Very Vanilla card stock to measure 5 ½’ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.

2. Cut a piece of Nostalgic Feeling DSP to measure 4” x 5 ¼” and adhere to the card front using ATG adhesive.

3. Die cut an oval from the water-color paper and adhere to the DSP layer. Stamp the cross image on another piece of the water-color paper and using the water color palette color the image in, let dry and then cut out the image with the Brother Scan ‘n Cut machine (or if you like fussy cutting, go for it).

4. Pop the image up with 3M foam tape and adhere to the oval in the center of the card.

5. Stamp the sentiment on water-color paper using Soft Suede ink and ink the edges with Perfect Plum ink and a dauber. Adhere the sentiment beneath the focal image using the foam tape.

6. Sprinkle 3 candy dots on the card front.

I hope you have enjoyed today's project and will check back often for more inspiration. Thank you for visiting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang Your Stocking Christmas card 7-28-19

Hello crafters and welcome to some Christmas inspiration on the blog today. I am in the process of using up my stash and making as many cards as possible before the hustle bustle of the season begins. The card for today features the Hang Your Stocking stamp set and Festive Farmhouse DSP (designer series paper). I stamped the stocking and the sentiment using Cherry Cobbler ink and then stamped the snowflakes with VersaMark ink and heat set with some silver embossing powder. I love how this card came out and more inspiration is on the way. Take a look at the project below and please let me know what you think. Supplies used: . I also popped up the focal image using Scotch 3M Foam tape. I hope you have enjoyed today's project and will check back often for more inspiration. Thank you for visiting.

Graceful Garden friendship card

Here's my second card for the weekend. I just can't stop with the butterflies and I wanted to feature the ink colors in a clean and simple card. Sequins just had to be added for a little sparkle. The colors I used will be retiring soon so if you like them go and grab then while you can. I hope you'll take a look at the project below and let me know what you think. Supplies:

Beauty Abounds Birthday card

Have you ever backed a diecut with different dsp (patterned paper)? Well the project I'm sharing today shows just that. I love this stamp and die bundle and the various colors of the pretty papers just called to me. Take a look at the project below and let me know what you think. . Additional supplies: ATG tape glider, Scotch 3M foam tape. Instructions: Started with a White card base and then I cut a panel of Whisper White card stock and inked it up with some Ranger /Tim Holtz Milled Lavender Distress ink. Next run the panel through the Big Shot using the Swirls & Curls embossing folder. I die cut the butterflies using the Butterfly Beauty thinlits and Heather Highland card stock backed with adhesive sheet( to make an instant sticker). I then backed the individual butterflies with a different piece of dsp from the Gingham Gala pack and a piece of the Botanical Butterfly dsp. The butterflies were popped up with Scotch 3M foam tape. The sentiment from Itty Bi...